Simon Jarrett is a historian and writer, a research fellow at Birbeck, University of London, and the editor of Community Living Magazine. He is the author of Those They Called Idiots:The Idea of the Disabled Mind from 1700 to the Present Day (Reaktion Books, 2020).
• Purchase Those They Called Idiots via Reaktion (UK) or U. of Chicago Press (US).
• More about Community Living Magazine
• More about Corali Dance Company
• Follow @SimonJarrett6 on Twitter
Other work mentioned in this episode:
• Deborah Cohen, Family Secrets: Shame and Privacy in Modern Britain
• C.F. Goodey, A History of Intelligence and 'Intellectual Disability'
About John T. Maier:
Contact The Anomalous Mind: