Steven J. Sandage is Albert and Jessie Danielsen Professor of Psychology of Religion and Theology at Boston University, where he is also Research Director and Senior Staff Psychologist at the Danielsen Institute. He has authored or co-authored several books and many more articles on relational spirituality, the clinical significance of forgiveness, the nature of humility, among many other topics.
About Steven J. Sandage:
• Faculty page at Boston University
• Google Scholar profile
• The Danielsen Institute
Programs mentioned in this episode:
• The Virtue and Flourishing Project
• The "Helping the Helping Professionals" Initiative, funded by the Peale Foundation
Books mentioned in this episode:
• Relational Spirituality in Psychotherapy: Healing Suffering and Promoting Growth (SJ Sandage, D Rupert, GS Stavros, NG Devor)
• Forgiveness and Spirituality in Psychotherapy: A Relational Approach (EL Worthington Jr. & SJ Sandage)
Articles mentioned in this episode:
• Forgiveness in the treatment of borderline personality disorder: A quasi-experimental study (2015). SJ Sandage, B Long, R Moen, PJ Jankowski, EL Worthington Jr., NG Wade & MS Rye.
• Relational dynamics between psychotherapy clients and clinic administrative staff: A pilot study (2017) SJ Sandage, SH Moon, D Rupert, DR Paine, EG Ruffing, LE Kehoe, M Bronstein, & SC Hassen.
Additional resources mentioned in this episode:
• Robert Moore on humility
About John T. Maier:
Contact The Anomalous Mind: